Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Combat Boots- Where to get them, and how to wear them

Kiss your boots and sneakers goodbye for now, but don't really kiss them, your friends will run home, not walk, run.  No matter how far they live.  Not speaking from a personal experience or anything..

Combat boots are my number one go to item for any season.  They can be worn with jeans, leggings, tights, skirts, dresses, shorts, anything except sweats.  We all have those days, but I suggest going all out if you're going to not try, so pair your sweats with an old rugged sweatshirt and dirty sneakers.  But anyways, where can you find them for a price that isn't going to force you to break open all your precious piggy banks and stuff your parents and friends wallets with 'IOU's'.  Open up your laptop and go straight to this:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/shop?price.currency=USD&price.from=0&price.to=50&query=combat+boots

Voila, grungy-punk heaven in several shades and styles.
A personal favorite of mine I found was:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_60543+446860138_-1?CMP=AFC-POLYVORE&awc=2194_1362626629_8c4d07a826ffd7d0906f6ba3b370ae84

The green color keeps it fresh while the classic style keeps it versatile.  I am the proud owner and keeper and mother and lover of a great vintage pair of original black Doc Martens that I mix and match frequently with different colored shoe laces because it makes me feel like a punk rock rainbow.

All for now,





3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Combat boots are amazing and can be worn with almost anything. The great thing about them is there are so many different colors and styles, it's so hard to choose. I usually tend to use the classic black doc martens when creating outfits in my mind (I do that a lot...), but there are tons of different types out there, i wish i could have them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you there. Thrifting is the way to go, have you tried Crossroads in Sacramento? It's like fashion church.

      Delete
    2. No, I actually don't go thrifting that much. I really should try it sometime though.

      Delete